Why should I use a professional to manage my home?
Property Management or Self-Management? While the reasons our clients choose professional management vary, here are some of the key reasons many people elect professional management over self-management:
- First Story provides a fresh approach to managing your home. Our dedicated managers will know you by name and are invested in this company. We understand this is a business built on relationships and reinforced with honesty and integrity.
- We monitor, understand and apply the correct federal, state, and local laws, keeping you and your investment in compliance.
- We handle maintenance and emergency repairs with licensed and insured vendors, allowing you to sleep at night.
- We enforce collection of rents and serve the proper notices upon failure to pay. If necessary, we have the experience to assist you with eviction and collection.
- We know the local market and have an extensive network of contacts and advertising resources available to us at discounted rates. This allows us to effectively market your home to prospective residents. After you add up the savings with our service, you’ll often make more money than if you managed the property yourself; plus management fees are tax deductible!
- When you partner with First Story Property Management, you can feel confident that our experienced property managers are taking care of your property as if it were their own.
Can I choose to disallow pets, smokers, large families, etc.?
We comply fully with the Fair Housing Act. This means that you cannot choose to disallow anyone that is a member of a protected class under the act. You can choose to disallow pets and not permit smoking in your home, but you cannot deny a service or emotional support animal. If you have additional questions on the specifics of the Fair Housing Act, please see our fair housing page.
Do you provide me with a report of activity on my property?
Yes, our monthly reports are available on demand through your owner portal. The report details your rental income received, and expenses if any are incurred, along with copies of invoices. If you wish to have an additional report or have questions regarding your statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.
“While relatively new to First Story, I have known Shanna and Brianne for 12 plus years. They continue to manage a rental home I have in Tallahassee. You cannot be in better hands, trust me. They go the extra mile for owners, ensuring your complete satisfaction, managing property as if it were their own. Awesome service across the board. If you are looking for a property management firm, or looking to rent, please contact them, you will be amazed by their knowledge of the market and their customer-focused approach. Super, client-oriented professionals, I Wish I could give them six stars.”
– David D. owner