If you own rental property, ask yourself these questions:
- Do I sometimes feel that I am spending all of my time processing checks, paying vendors, saving receipts and performing all of the accounting necessary for my rental home?
- Do I struggle with the process of advertising and spending all of my free time showing my vacant home?
- Do I worry about the most cost effective way to deal with the move-in/move-out process and making my rental home marketable for new residents?
- Am I prepared to interview residents, collect application fees and accept and process applications? Am I running credit, checking landlord references and running background checks?
- Am I tired of having to deal with the collection of rent, late payments, and bounced checks?
- Am I dreading confrontations with tenants, trying to convince them to take care of the property, remove unapproved roommates or unauthorized pets?
- Am I finding the time to keep up with the ever-changing fair housing laws and other legislation regarding tenancy, including lead-based paint, radon gas and toxic mold policies? Am I concerned about the possibility of a resident suing me…and winning?
Here are some of the things we do for you:
- Keep on top of regional, state, and federal landlord/tenant law and legislative issues facing property owners and tenants.
- Track vacancy rates, vacancy factors, time-on- market, and rent values for the area, and effectively market your home with print and on hundreds of sites on the Internet.
- Create and maintain relationships with qualified vendors, including painters, roofers, electricians, plumbers, appliance repairmen, handymen, and more.
- Provide appropriate rental applications and forms that, along with a consistent screening process, ensure the highest quality selection of residents are found for your home. while conforming to all applicable laws.
- Provide a lease agreement and addendums that protect both your interests and those of the resident, while conforming to all Federal, State and Local laws.
- Collect and account for rent, and insure compliance with the terms of the lease.
- Perform complete accounting for your property to ensure a maximum return on your investment and optimum tax benefit.
This sets us apart from other property management companies:
- Personalized, attentive service with thorough communication- with both our residents and our investment property owners.
- Expert knowledge of the industry and local rental market.
- Experience managing all types of property and resolving tenancy issues.
- Established relationships with local licensed and insured service providers for all facets of home management.
- Membership with Tallahassee Board of Realtors (TBR), Tallahassee Association of Residential Property Managers (TARPM).
Please read our Owners’ FAQ for answers to the questions that prospective clients often ask.